What you need
What you need to make a Christmas Headdress
Step 1 - Make the headband and headdress base
1. Cut a sheet of A4 paper in half, horizontally, and glue together with a 2cm overlap to make a long strip like in the image below. This is the headband. Put the strip around your head to see if it will fits. You may need to add another piece of paper if it does not go all the way round.
Step 2 -Draw, colour and cut the Christmas decorations
2. Draw, colour and cut different Christmas decorations in different sizes like stars, holly leaves, bells and baubles.
Step 3- Draw and Colour the Bows
3. Fold a sheet of paper in half, horizontally, lightly draw a 40cm strip. Inside of the strip draw a long curved line on all four corners until it looks like the image below.
4. Using the same folded sheet draw a 15cm wide strip. These are your shapes to make your bow, colour them and cut them out.
5. Get the first shape you drew and glue one end to the center, do the same on the other side.
6. Glue the thin strip around the center of the bow and cut off the left over piece.
7. From the left over strip cut two 6cm long strips and glue them on the back of the bow like a ‘V’ shape and cut the two ends just like the image below.
Step 4- Attaching the bow to the bells
8. Glue the 2 bells together, overlapping them slightly. Glue the bow on top of the bells.
9. Draw, colour and cut two long strips. Wrap them around a pencil or pen and gently pull out, you should end up with two curly strips. Glue them underneath the bow. Keep aside
Step 5- Draw and Cut Foil Stars
10. Draw and cut stars out of the foil.
Step 6- Add the decorations to headdress
11. Fold the holly leaves in half. to make a 3D effect
12. Get your headband. Glue your bells on the right side. Add two holly leaves at the back
13. Get a holly leaf and glue it in the center so that the berries are hanging in the bottom center of the headband.
14. Slowly build up your hat by sticking holly leaves and the other decorations you made. Make sure you overlap some of them but be careful not to hide them too much!
You can add many different Christmas decorations in bright colours, and don’t forget to add some glitter to give your headdress the Christmas sparkle.
MAGICAL CHRISTMAS HEADDRESS
HOPE YOU HAD FUN CREATING YOUR OWN MAGICAL CHRISTMAS HEADDRESS
You can add some glitter to the sea creatures to make it more creative and sparkle.
Have fun with your Christmas Headdress
We would love to see your fantastic creations so please share your pictures with us on social media @mahoganycarnival.
Thank you for using our template. We hope you enjoyed making your aquarium and we look forward to seeing you on our next creative making carnival workshop.